Sunday, December 23, 2012

Almost Christmas!


Where does the time go?!?! I finished Christmas shopping today. I always wait until the last minute because then I'm under pressure to buy stuff. Otherwise, I'm so indecisive about what to get everyone! So last minute shopping is okay with me. 

When I was at Marshall's (my favorite store everrrrr) I saw this awesome parody cookbook. I didn't read 50 Shades of Gray, but this would probably be a much better read in my opinion! The pictures inside were pretty funny. 


The girls in my book club had a cookie exchange last weekend. I was so excited, I've never done one! I made simple Biscoff and Pretzel Rice Crispies. All the other cookies were so good, and it was fun to exchange them (and eat them all the next day).

I saw that there's something called the Great Cookie Swap, or something like that, and you mail your cookies to 3 other food bloggers anywhere in the U.S. How cool is that?? I think I want to do it next year. I'll have to start thinking of what to make!



We went to the Chicago Brauhaus in our neighborhood a few weeks ago, and this restaurant is SO awesome. Look at that huge boot of beer! There are so many legit older folks that love to polka dance, slow dance, and other dances I don't even know how to do. It was so much fun!


During lunch one day at work, I walked over to try the new waffle sandwich restaurant, Bel 50. It was pretty crazy in there, and I had to wait an hour for my food (to go!). Plus they were out of the sandwich I ordered! But the manager gave me a free sandwich coupon for next time, so I'll go back once they've gotten up to speed. This was a S'mores waffle, which was really good. Although, I could make this at home if I wanted. Still tasty though!


I get to see my family tomorrow! I'm so excited to take a break and just visit with family and friends all week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment