Thursday, May 3, 2012

Momofuku Milk Bar Blueberry & Cream Cookies


Hello! Today was a good day because I didn't have to wear a coat to work! Hooray for warm weather! It really does put me in a better mood when it's warm outside. Sometimes it can be crazy windy downtown, but it's not too bad once I go home since I don't live as close to the lake.

So my office is in the Bloomingdale's building, and it's nice in the winter because I can go browse the shops during lunch, or just walk around without having to go outside. There's a Williams Sonoma that I like to go to and look at all the overpriced food items and kitchen stuff (that I wish I had a zillion $ to buy).



I saw these Momofuku Milk Bar cookie mixes on the shelf, and got pretty excited since I've heard lots of good things about them. They just have 2 kinds, this Blueberry and Cream cookie, and the Corn cookie. I really could not decide which one to buy! I'm very indecisive. I wish I could've had 1/2 of each box so I could try both.


I finally just picked the Blueberry one. It had VERY detailed instructions for how to mix all the ingredients. You had to first make the crumble/crunch and bake it. Then mix it all together and let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so. This is always hard for me to do..... I wanna bake them now!


Then, I wasn't sure if they were done all the way or not cause they still looked pretty undercooked in the middle, but it said they should be shiny looking when they're done.


I really liked these cookies, but they were VERY buttery, sweet, and chewy. Of course it would be much better to try one from the actual bakery, but this is as close as I'm gonna get for now. It did even have the package of glucose to make them chewier, which is something I would never normally put in homemade cookies. But I kind of liked it!

I really want to buy the Corn cookies now, just to compare and see if they are as buttery, but I don't think it's worth the $. Oh but the corn cookies have that "cereal" taste that makes them famous, so maybe I will splurge..... Ahh more decisions!  I love variety, but hate picking just one. That's why when we get cupcakes at work, we always split them into 1/4ths so we can all taste each one. Most genius idea ever.


Now I want a cookie before I go to bed. But I already brushed my teeth! Don't you hate that?

2 comments:

  1. These look really similar to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodie! I saw your post about going to the bakery in NY, and I wish I could try the other cookies!

      Delete