Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It's chilly out there


Uh oh, it's starting to get cold outside! Noooo! Summer needs to stay a little longer.


I've had a pretty busy last few months, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down either. I haven't been baking and bringing in treats to work in forever! Today I even bought some Maple Leaf cookies from Trader Joe's and put them out at work because it's been so long, and everybody needs an afternoon snack. 
I got to attend a WITS Reading in the Schools lunch the other day, and they had the cutest meal! Ants on a log are my favorite, and the little ice cream containers with the wooden spoon were just like I remember. We even got chocolate milk! 


I usually eat instant oatmeal in the morning when I get to work, just because it's fast. Trader Joe's Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal is really good, but I've really only been wanting Steel Cut Oats!  Jamba Juice actually has really good steel cut oats, and I get brown sugar and bananas in it, yummm. 

I love this Bow Truss coffee also. They have it right across from my work now, and it's only $1!!! I couldn't believe it.



Today I signed up for the Pastry Chicago Brownie Competition! Now I just have to come up with a good brownie recipe that has coffee in it. Any ideas? I want to win so badly!!



My niece and brother came up to visit me for my birthday/labor day weekend, and we had a blast! We went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, Kuma's Corner (she loves heavy metal, ha!) and then my work had a big picnic with rides and games, so she loved that. When they left though, I was wornnnn outtttt.


I also went to visit my friend Amy a few weeks ago in Phoenix, and we climbed Mt. Camelback! It was a lot harder than I thought, cause the top part was pretty much rock climbing without a harness. But we survived, and I had a nice, warm relaxing weekend.


Ahh the sunset there was so beautiful! Pictures are never as good as the real thing though. I leaned out the window while she was driving just to take this without any glare!


So of course I'll end this with food. I saw BopNGrill on DDD a while ago, and have been wanting to try the Kimchi burger. It was pretty good, but a little soggy since I brought it home. Food is always better when eaten right away. Kind of like fries, if you take them home and close the bag up really good so they stay warm, they loose their crispiness and get kind of soggy. I know... I shouldn't be eating fries anyway!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your trip to Phoenix. It looks so nice and warm there!

    Wow $1 coffee is a good deal! I like Jamba Juices oatmeal too. It's really good! I used to get that when I was going to school downtown.

    ReplyDelete