Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pistachio White Chocolate Chip cookies and some Kale Slaw



I made these cookies for my family's picnic this summer, and they were some of the best cookies I've ever made! So I wanted to share them with the world. I got them from Maggie's blog, and thought they'd be different from the usual chocolate chip cookies that I make. 

I never used to like pistachios, but in the last few years, I've grown to love them! Of course they are not the cheapest nut and take lots of time to shell, but they do have out of the shell ones if you're short on time.

Soft Batch White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pistachios
Source:  From Mag-Pie's & more, adapted from recipe found on Apple-A-Day
Yields:  approximately 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup brown sugar 
1/4 cup granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
2 cups all-purpose flour 
2 teaspoons cornstarch 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup pistachios (Trader Joe's sells them shelled and ready to go!)
Sea Salt, for sprinkling

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in white chocolate chips and pistachios.

Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Sprinkle with sea salt before baking.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  The tops will not brown.  I took mine out at about 9 minutes and the result was a perfectly soft, chewy center!

Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.



So there is a new restaurant called Doc B's Fresh Kitchen right across the street from work, and I am obsessed with their Kale slaw. How can kale be so tasty? I think I could eat this every day for lunch. It just has some chopped up mint mixed in, and a light semi-creamy dressing that makes it soooooo good. I know kale is good for you, but I wonder if this stuff is healthy with the dressing? I sure hope so, cause I'll be eating a lot of it in the near future.

This morning we went to Stanley's for the brunch buffet, where they have fried chicken, mac and cheese, an omelet station, waffle boats, and other brunch-y stuff. Now I don't think I can move I am so full. And then last night we went to the Bad Apple and I had an Elvis burger with peanut butter and bacon on top. I need to definitely workout soon, but first an episode of Downton Abbey.

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look gooood! I want one!

    I feel like the kale salad is good for you! It's better than having a burger or something unhealthy. You should get the recipe.

    I want to go to Stanley's.

    ReplyDelete