I made these Bananas Foster Cupcakes from Cookies and Cups blog a few weeks ago, and they were SOOOO good! The frosting was something that I could have just eaten with a spoon. So much sugar.
Bananas Foster Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (1 large banana)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp dark rum (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Garnish with banana slices and caramel sauce.
Brown Sugar Cupcakes
Bananas Foster Frosting
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat for 30 seconds after each.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Measure out milk and vanilla together.
- Add about a third of the dry mixture and half milk mixture in alternating portions beginning and ending with dry mixture until incorporated and smooth.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cupcake springs back when pushed or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting cupcakes.
- Mash banana in a small bowl with lemon juice.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter for 2 minutes. Add in banana and beat for 1-2 more minutes until well mixed. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time on low speed. Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, rum and vanilla.
- Turn mixer up to medium and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with a banana slice and drizzle with caramel.
For dinner, we went to Villagio on the Park, which is a bustling Italian restaurant. It was pretty yummy, and of course we got 3 desserts to share!
I'm not sure I could live in NYC, there are just people EVERYWHERE, but it's nice to go for a few days. I wouldn't mind walking through Central Park every day.