Monday, September 1, 2014

Biscoff White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


I don't think I will ever get sick of Biscoff. I know it's not healthy to eat for breakfast twice a week on my toast, but it tastes so much better than peanut butter! I need to stop buying it, but it's really really hard not to! I might need an intervention. 

I saw these cookies on Sally's Baking Addiction, and was so excited to make them. They turned out pretty much as good as I expected, but I'm not a huge white chocolate chip fan. So next time I might take those out.


Biscoff White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

  • 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup (150g) dark brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup (194g) Biscoff spread
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups (160g) quick oats
  • 1 and 1/2 cups (270g) white chocolate chips or chunks

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.

Toss the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the Biscoff until combined. Finally, whisk in the vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft and slick. Fold in the oats and 1 and 1/4 cups white chocolate, reserving the remaining 1/4 cup for later. The cookie dough will be thick and heavy.

Roll the dough into balls, about 3 Tablespoons of dough each. I highly suggest using a cookie scoop to make it easier. Place 8 balls of dough onto each cookie sheet.

Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet. Remove from the oven and lightly press down on each cookie to slightly flatten, since the cookies will not spread all the way in the oven. Press a piece or two of the remaining white chocolate chips/chunks into each cookie as described above in the post. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay soft and fresh for 7 whole days at room temperature. Baked cookies and/or cookie dough balls may be frozen up to 3 months.

*Note about the oats:
Do not use old-fashioned style oats (aka whole oats) in this cookie recipe.
You need quick oats, which are more finely ground (and smaller) whole oats. I usually only keep whole oats in my pantry. When I need quick oats, I pulse whole oats in the food processor or blender 4-5 times to make homemade quick oats.


Summer is coming to an end sadly, and it's JUST now getting hot outside. I can't believe it! It's like it didn't even happen, and there's already stuff out for Halloween and fall and Pumpkin Spice everything.

I got to go to Lollapalooza this year! I wanted to go while we still live here and wouldn't have to make a special trip for it. I saw lots of good bands, including Bombay Bicycle Club, Chvrches, and Zedd! I was the only one who wanted to see Zedd, so I felt old standing in the crowd of 18 year olds, but I didn't mind cause that music is so fun :)

I was really impressed how organized Lollapalooza was, and how big it was! They even had an area with hammocks for people like me who get so tired of standing at concerts.


One of the main things I was excited for was the Lobster Corndogs! They are a Lolla special that Graham Elliot has every year, and it lived up to the hype. There was plenty of lobster to corn breading ratio, and the sauce was a good, creamy addition.



Let's see, so I also got to go on a boat! My work had an afternoon outing on the lake, and it was so lovely and relaxing. I love going out on a sailboat or canoeing.

We went to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra perform the score to LOTR! It was at Ravinia, and they had a huge lawn area where we brought chairs and food and had a picnic while they played the movie. It was really a cool thing to experience. I just wish we could've seen the orchestra better, but that's what we get for getting the cheap lawn seats :)


It's officially my last few days of being in my 20's! Can you believe it? I don't feel like I'll be 30. So I'm making a few friends go out for my birthday so we can dance all night and get it out of my system before I'm too old!

2 comments:

  1. I thought there was going to be an engagement story in this post! Dang it! ;)
    That lobster corn dog looks sooo good. You should come to Loufest next year!

    The cookies look good. I know what you mean about white chocolate.... they should make white chocolate that's not so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha next post for sure! I've never heard of Loufest. I'll have to check it out!

      Delete