Monday, October 11, 2010

Apples to apples is a fun game

I love my little niece. She is probably the cutest thing in the world, and I barely get to see her!! I got to go visit over labor day weekend/my birthday! so it was really nice to just hang out with her and play. On the drive down to Indiana, we always pass these really neat windmills.
Aren't they huge? There are SO many of them too! They go on and on and on and on for miles. Pretty neat to drive through and watch them turn.
Another highlight was trying to feed my brother's chickens and rooster. I lifted the back open and 2 of the hopped out! There was no way I was gonna grab them and put them back in the cage, so he had to come out and get them back in before they ran off. I was afraid they would peck me! Can you tell I've never really had a pet? I'm just not used to animals like regular people. But I do want to get a dog, cause they're cute and that way I won't be so scared!
We also went apple picking in the neighbor's trees. Most of them had worm holes, but we found some that didn't and they were delish!
Sorry no cool recipe this time! I didn't even get to make anything with these apples, but if I would've, I would've made an apple cobbler. I miss cobbler. It reminds me of my grandma's, or MCL Cafeteria, or church pitch-in dinners. Who wants to have a pitch-in dinner??!! I love those!

No comments:

Post a Comment